Once in a while you may click on an interesting link to Youtube only to find that “This video is not available in your country”.
You could be staying pretty much anywhere in the world (except China), but may not be able to watch every video on YouTube – that’s because the content owners have allowed access to that video only from certain countries or geographic regions.
Instructions for Firefox
1. Install the Modify Headers add-on
2. Open the Modify Headers add-on (Press Ctrl + Shift + A, scroll to Modify Headers and click on Options)
3. Choose Add from the drop-drown. Insert “X-Forwarded-For” for the Header name, and 22.214.171.124 for the Header value, and click Add.
4. Now simply click the Start button and you’re good to go.
Instructions for Chrome
1. Install the Change HTTP Request Header extension
2. Click the “Change HTTP request header” button and select Options
3. Click Add to the left and click on the name that appears (something like New1330687144765)
4. Write “X-Forwarded-For” in name and description, and in the preset field you type: “USA = 126.96.36.199” (You can also try and look up other American IP’s on Google. You can even add British IP’s and then call them “UK = 188.8.131.52”)
5. Click Save in the bottom right corner.
6. Click the “Change HTTP request header” button again and Choose USA in the box next to “X-Forwarded-For”.
7. You’re good to go.
This method of forwarding a different IP only works on sites that look up your IP from your browser. Have fun!